Sotanghon or vermicelli noodle usually use to make sotanghon soup with chicken broth and vegetables. But it can also be used to make pancit . Unlike bihon, preparation for making pancit sotanghon is a little bit differerent.
Sotanghon is firm and elastic so it is better to soak first in hot water until it become soft and by then it can already be cut. Sauté all your ingredients then add the sotanghon and mix. You now have the pancit sotanghon quick and easy.
250 grams sotanghon noodles (`vermicelli noodle)
¼ kilo chicken breast (or pork)
¼ kilo chicken liver
¼ kilo shrimp, peeled
¼ kilo cabbage, sliced into strips
10 pcs chinese peas (sitsaro) or baguio beans as alternative
1 pc carrots, cut into thin strips
2 stalk Chinese celery (kintsay), chopped
1 bulb onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbls oyster sauce
3 tbls soy sauce
5 tbls cooking oil
1. Boil chicken meat and liver with 3 cups of water in a casserole for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from casserole and shred it. Reserve at leas t 1 cup of broth.
2. Soak bean thread in water until it become soft. Drain and cut 2~3 inches long using a kitchen scissor or knife
1. In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions.
2. Add the chicken meat, liver and shrimp and stir fry for a minute.
3. Add the carrots, sitsaro, and cabbage and continue stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Season with 3 tablespoon of oyster sauce and 2 tablespoon of soy sauce. Mix well.
5. Add the sotanghon and with the meats and vegetables and cook for another 3 minutes. Note: if your pancit is too dry to be cooked, add at least ½ cup of broth.
6. Serve hot.
To improve taste, squeeze a calamansi (lemon) juice on it and/or sprinkle with liquid seasoning.