Malunggay (Moringa) is one of the healthiest foods among other vegetables. Not only its leaves but its fruit can be utilized as main ingredient. It's quite not easy to extract the fruit meat but most vendors in the market can performed the peeling.
It can be cooked by sauteing with garlic, onions and tomatoes with a little of water so that it will not turn out to be dried. Like any other sautéed vegetables, we can add shrimps, slices of pork or beef depending on the flavor you will like.
¼ kilo of malunggay fruit content. To get the content, split the fruit into four, then using a sharp knife carefully scrape the soft middle portion of the fruit.
¼ kilo ground pork
1 piece large onion (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 piece tomato (chopped)
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon finely ground pepper corn
Patis (fish sauce) for seasoning
1~2 cups water.
1. In a deep pan, sauté garlic and onion.
2. Add the ground pork and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
4. Add malunggay, mix and have it covered. Cook to at least 2 minute or until vegetable become tender.
5. Season with patis according to taste.
6. Serve while still hot.